Sunday, April 17, 2005

my own private pharmacy....

I haven't written about this, but I've been fighting a bacterial infection for the last month. The first doctor I went to put me on Keflex, which I thought did the job. I took Keflex for about two weeks. I went a week after I finished the Keflex before noticing another problem. It got to the point that on Thursday knew I had to see the doctor again. Unfortunately, he wasn't in the office on Thursday or Friday. After speaking to my co-worker that will go un-named in this blog, I called my primary care physician. He advised me to go to the emergency room for treatment. I went to Baptist Memorial after work. The resident doctor lanced the abscess, and prescribed Flagyl, which I've been taking ever since.

Last night I got a call about 7PM from the hospital. They did a culture and realized that they had prescribed the wrong antibiotic. I've never been called back in a situation like this, so I became somewhat alarmed. She called in two prescriptions for me to the local Walgreens. The one that I've been visiting far too much as of late. She called in Rifampin and Sulfameth/Trimethoprim.

This is some pretty serious shit. It's going to make me sick as hell for the next two weeks. I'll keep you posted.