Monday, September 05, 2005

the aftermath and the disrespect...

I'm so fucking tired of everyone telling me about this shit. I'm living it. I lived the storm. I had to steal a fucking van to escape. I FEEL GUILTY BECAUSE I CAN'T GET BACK AND HELP.

I hear everyone treating the New Orleans refugees as criminals. Well, I don't believe that's the case. Has anyone considered that with our population being dispersed across the country, that the criminal element in these other cities is taking advantage of the situation and looting their own cities in hopes that their actions will be blamed on New Orleans...

I'm tired of hearing and seeing nigger written everywhere. I'm sick of hearing Wolf Blitzer and his network making comments like, "the victims are so poor and so black." FUCK YES THEY ARE POOR NOW!!!....LET'S DROP WOLF INTO THE MIDDLE OF THAT NASTY WATER FOR A WEEK WITHOUT FOOD, COMMUNICATION, WATER...WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK HE WOULD LOOK LIKE?

The people of New Orleans are RICH in culture and RICH in character and I wouldn't live anywhere else in the world. I'm not black. I'm not rich. I find it more dangerous to walk through parts of Baton Rouge than the Desire Projects...why? Because Baton Rouge is by default a racist city. Not just the whites, but the blacks hate whitey here like no where I've ever been...

I'm going back. I want to shake the hand of Ray Nagin and thank him for being a the RAY OF LIGHT and the best symbol of New Orleans Unity we could have in this crisis.

I don't know what I'm going to have to do to move back to my city, but I'm Irish, and if I have to get a wheel barrow out and dig a ditch whilst contracting any number of tropical diseases like my ancestors did in New Orleans, I'LL BE THERE. EVEN WITH THE HEPATITIS C I'M FIGHTING NOW...I'LL BE THERE....