Wednesday, September 14, 2005

another day, another move....

well, my DSL modem should be at my fathers today. Tonight I may bring my old workstation and my server over and get the DSL set up so that I can just drop this one on the subnet easily...

if everything goes right, I should have ebo.net up proper email and all...I've missed that.

once I get my office shit set up over there, I'll begin the task of moving ebo.net to my old workstation...a PIII with over half gig..that should be a major change from the pentium 200 with 128 that it's on right now...

my databases and blog should run respectively on that machine...but I'll do that one step at a time...website first, then users, then email ....then CITRIX so I can work off of the FreeBSD machine....woo hoo....first step to releiving myself from windows completely...

I'll be running FreeBSD 5.4 on the new server, and I probably should purchase a couple of new drives and run vinum, but I'm going to forgo that for the time being. I'll use the largest hard drives I have for the server, add the small drives that I have for swap on my XP workstation, and then use the old pentium for additional storage purposes.

Since I'll be staying at my fathers, and he has the tools, I'm planning on building a rack for servers while I'm here so all I'll have to do is bring one box with everything in it back home....

look for the ebo.net to be back operational tonight, and over the next week, this blog will be moved to the new dual PIII server...should see a dramatic increase in performance...