Saturday, September 10, 2005

trapped under a big red stick....

I know I'm not writing as much as I normally do, but these are far from normal times.

I'm stuck here in Baton Rouge, a city that has doubled in size since Kat. I've had to purchase a new computer and telephone in order to work from a remote location.

I'm keeping up with my meds and everything so far. I had my blood work done yesterday, which is great, but I have no clue as to how I'm going to get the results. My doctors office is at the LSU Healthnet offices on the corner of Napoleon and Claiborne in New Orleans. At least I did get the work done. I was able to get my meds yesterday. I'm half way through the series, and the blood work that I has will show me what my virual load it at this point.

I'm working now. Our IT guys have managed to get the servers up and running and I'm able to login using their Citrix Server, so I guess I'm good there. I've managed to pull in fee, and will continue on that quest.

I'm not going to write much this morning, but may be back later. I did my 13th injection of interferon last night, and it's saturday, so I will be sleeping on and off.

I'll be moving over to my fathers house next week. I ordered DSL to his house yesterday, should be there by next friday, so one week from today I should be set up over there. I need a couple more things to make this happen. I need a desk and a chair, that's is and I'll be good to go. I'm not as much concerned about the desk, I can get a folding table that will work perfectly fine. I'm more concerned about getting a chair that will be comfortable to sit in for extended periods as it will be where I'm going to be planting my ass most of the rest of the year.

I still want to go home, but I know that I won't be able to for the next several months. At least until December. If I can celebrate my birthday in New Olreans I will be more than happy.