Sunday, September 11, 2005

a light at the end of the tunnel....

9/11/2005 5:45:15 AM: It’s Sunday, and I’m still not feeling all that well at all. I went and saw my father last night. He’s going to let me stay there until I can get back to New Orleans. I’m sure that’s going to be interesting to say the least, but I it won’t be like when I had to live with him last time.

Not drinking has become an asset, but there are still costs to being sober. First off, being with drunks doesn’t impress me one bit any more.

No biggie to tell you the truth. Everyone here has been so great, I’m sure what I’m feeling is me more than anything.

9/11/2005 9:29:06 AM: I just got back from my fathers. Went to hang out with him and Devochka…..what a fREaK!!!....…she was all over me…had to show me every god damned room in the house…laf…that shit was funny as hell..

When I was online earlier, I found a way to get to my apartment. In addition, after leaving my fathers, I stopped by CCs for a Large Medium and met a guy that works for Probation & Parole. He’s from here, but they have taken over Holy Cross College on the best bank as a temporary headquarters. I told me what I need to do about my landlords van. If I can’t get in touch with him today, I’ll visit the State Police tomorrow and report it “NOT STOLEN” to cover my ass.

I’m going to ask Erin if she’s up for a trip to the city today. I think we can get in and out pretty easy…I found online that I will be able to take River Road up to Oak Street and follow to Carrollton, then to St. Charles to get there…I can take care of my biz, i.e. get my papers, computers, empty the fridge, close that fucking window and make sure all the electric is off.

The paper Times Picayune said this morning that the biggest issue is the drinking water from the broken water and sewage mains.

Well, wish me luck, things are going to go my way if I have to beat things into my way repeatedly about the head and shoulders, but I assure you, things are going to get better, and New Orleans is going to be as good, or better a place to live when I get back…

LONG LIVE NEW ORLEANS!!!!!!!!!