Thursday, September 15, 2005

holy fucking hell...I mean Baton Rouge.....

it's not that I don't appreciate everybody and everything, it's just that this is subruban hell on steroids now.

yesterday I had a pretty good day working. pulled in fee, kept busy, etc. I worked until right at 5PM. I would have worked later than that, but the DSL modem came in, and I wanted to get the DSL set up over at my fathers, where I'll do my time until I can return to NOLA. When I called over there, he was out, so I decided that I would go see if I could find him.

I went up to my fathers favorite watering holes to see if he was there, and to just relax and have a Coors NA. He wasn't there, and I was pleasantly surprised to meet a girl that is almost a neighbor. She lives over by the river bend, not far from the Maple Leaf. I ended up having 3 NAs and then left, her phone number in hand, mine in hers. Too bad she's leaving for Houston today. She told me that she had been staying with her parents and she too was more than a bit stir crazy, and they were more than a bit flustered. That's how everyone is in baton rouge about now.

Well, I call my dad, and he's home, says come on over, so I'm back to my friends to load up all my stuff, minus what I need to work today, so that I can get the DSL active and know that it's going to work.

This is when everything took a tragic twist. well, I used tragic when I mean circumstances brought on a case of S.P.A.E. worse than I've experienced since the hurricane.

Of course the traffic is full of total morons, so it was a very good thing that I left the weapons at home.

Loading up everything went fine, it's not like I have much at all. so I headed over to my dads...

He has a bedroom that he uses as a makeshift office that he's going to let me use. not much in there, but there is a desk, though I'm sure that I'll purchase a computer desk as well as a chair this weekend to increase my productivity.

It’s been so long since I stayed there, that I didn’t realize that he didn’t have a phone jack in that room, so I had to get back out in my new suburban HICK HELL. First I went to Albertsons, I figured, I was so stressed, I’d pick up a 6 pack of the Becks NA beer, fuck it if I had to pay more for phone jack, I figured they would have it. NOPE. Still that wasn’t a problem until I went to check out.

Like a fucking idiot, I decided to use the auto checkout. Well, I’ve used these before, no biggie, I THOUGHT! Well, in the New Orleans Area, I never had a problem purchasing beer on one of these, but here in what is suburban HICK HELL, YOU FUCKING CAN’T BUY BEER AT THE AUTO CHECKOUT!!! FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK….and everyone here moves at a FUCKING SNAILS PACE. I understand that they are for the most part just “special” people, but GET YOUR FUCKING HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS, YOU AREN’T PLANNING FOR FUTURE TRAFFIC CONTROL, YOU ARE WAITING ON ME YOU STUPID MUTHER FUCKING BITCH FROM HADES!!!!

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

Ok, so I make it out of the Albertsons, and some would say I was very good. I didn’t insult anyone, I saved that for here, and I didn’t hurt anyone, and best of all, there were no deaths associated with THE INCOMPETENT ASSHOLES THAT DROVE ME IN THERE.

But it gets better. In the parking lot, there’s a cop giving a ticket to some woman that hasn’t seen a less than a size 45 dress/tent probably in her entire life. DO YOU KNOW HOW FUCKING TRAUMATIC IT IS FOR ME TO SET AN “ASSHOLE BATON ROUGE, HIGH SCHOOL DROPOUT, GOT MY FELONY CONVICTIONS ABSOLVED, GOT MY GED, AND WORKED AS A PRISON GUARD UNTIL I COULD SHOOT THIS GUN THEY GAVE ME, TO BECOME A DEPUTY!” Well, it is very traumatic.

So, he didn’t see the screw driver, and again, I managed to brave Jones Creek Road and cross it to get a phone jack.

Once I got the jack, I headed back. Fucking beer bottles go flying all over the place when I turn back out on the road..FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKK MMMMEEEE!!!!

I finally made it back to my fathers. I got the jack in. I got the DSL working, even though the computers are all over the floor in that room, and I still need to do major amounts of arranging to make the place comfortable to work in.

I got back over to my friends at around 10PM I guess. Far past my normal bed time, and shaking with S.P.A.E., but I was exhausted, and was able to crash fairly easily…for a while…that is 1:37AM to be precise. I might have gotten one more hour of sleep between 5AM and 6AM, but I don’t think it was very good.

So, welcome to MY FUCKING HELL!

thanks for listening, please don’t share, CAUSE I’M STILL SHAKING WITH S.P.A.E. as I type this…

have a powerful day…