Wednesday, June 29, 2005

3 times in exactly 7 days...and the effects on my treatment...

Today was close out at Newton, and per tradition, everyone gathers at Stitches for drinks after work. I rode with a fellow worker, and had a coke and a couple non-alcoholic beers. It was enjoyable for the most part, but...Jesse Chubb AGAIN! MOTHER FUCK!!!

So, at about 5:30 or so, my friend and I were leaving. I did notice Jesse over at the pool table. He was playing pool with a good friend of mine, and another friend, John was hanging over there. My plan was just slip out, but John, who I haven't seen in a few months greeted me, and he's a friend, so I couldn't walk out without saying hello and shaking his hand you know. Well, Jesse just had to get his two counterfeit cents in...

Jesse says, "Eddie, you are a very lucky man."

I said,"Yeah, I'm aware of that." How much of an idiot can one person be, I know EXACTLY how lucky I am every morning when Devochka wakes me up sitting on my head, or farting those nasty lettece farts, or head butting me, or licking my eyebrows, which for the record grosses me out even more than the lettace farts...

After bidding John and my other friend goodbye, Jesse tried what I'm sure he perceived as an intimidating move. He raised his hand, pointing his finger at me...he got maybe a foot from my face with his finger, but I was already turning around, and he would probably first need to learn to fight his way out of a wet paper bag before it would be a concern of mine.

He then said, "Eddie Benson, your time is going to come!" I thought about asking him if he was talking about the song of the same name on Led Zeppelin's first album, but figured it was futile for a couple reasons. First, it's not performed by ABBA and second, why encourage a moron of such grand stature.

What would be gained by even acknowledging someone that I consider to have the maturity of a teenager, the etiquette of poor white trash, and the intelligence that almost, but not quite, equals my cat Devochka.

I didn't look back as I walked out the door, but I can still picture what he looked like in his second hand yuppie wear and his juvenile smug look...

Guess he just doesn't know when to quit. From what I understand, he's already been called into the office of the corporate attorney for the incident that happened the first day and I think he was advised to cease and desist this type of behavior. I also understand that he called the Jefferson Parish Sheriffs department in an attempt to have me arrested for exercising my rights of freedom of speech. CAN WE SPELL DUMBASS!!! Guess he didn't realize that even if he had a case, it would be a civil case. From what I understand, both the officer that responded to his call, and the corporate attorney advised him that he would have to take this to civil court. The boy just don't have the education to have a clue about issues like these.

I really hope he doesn't put me in a position that I have to have him arrested for this dumb shit. I already feel sorry for him and his sad existence, and I couldn't see putting him in a position where he would fast become a experienced jail house PUNK. Sheesh, he would be the best fresh meat they've had in years...sweet cheeks extraordinaire! That would be sad, even if it did give him the opportunity find his "true self."

Since this is the third such incident in exactly 7 days, and having to deal with the side effects of my interferon/Ribavirin treatment, he's beginning to irritate me like corduroy on a hemorrhoid. I hope is doesn't effect my recovery from the hepatitis C, because I would like this liver to last at least a couple more decades before a replacement becomes necessary.

I have decided to ignore Jesse's inappropriate behavior one last time in hopes that he will come to his senses, but I fear that I will need to contact my attorney for legal advise in this matter in very short order if he cannot curb this childish antics. The preservation of my health is paramount here...And I'm not going to let this poser derail my path to SVR(Sustained Virologic Response) status.

Other employees have made comments to me about Jesse and the comments he's been making about his plans to "kick my ass." He's obviously spouting his po white trash talk throughout the company. If it continues, I'll let Jack advise me on the matter, but I relatively sure the only action that I will be able to take is to file a protective order...I believe that may at least make it criminal to come within a certain distance from me, I'll ask Jack next week when he gets back from Florida if I need too. The only other option would be civil proceedings, but WTF would I do that for, you can't bleed a turnip, and what would I get, his car...sheesh, what would I do with a car that's favored by the nations gender challenged. Fuck that bullshit...

Now, it is my intention to go a whole day tomorrow without the mention or thought of Mr. Chubb. I would much rather concentrate on my medical condition and my work. I don't know what kind of effect his actions will have on me medically. Doctors orders are to try to take it easy as much as possible. I have to say that I'm glad I decided to do my interferon injections on Friday evenings. I don't even want to imagine what would happen if I had chosen Monday as injection day. The moodiness and disorientation I've been experiencing on Saturdays, and to a lesser extent on Sundays have proven that I can be quite short and to the point to put it mildly. In addition, I'm only two weeks in, and the second week was worse than the first. That's first hand shit, but the research I've done on this treatment has me prepared for a wide range of symptoms in the future. Worse flu like symptoms, hair lose...I'm not going to go any further in detail at this point, I'll save that for later. I've read testimonials that it's all down hill, and then can take two to six months to get back to normal after the treatment. This is not a pretty site, and I can't afford to allow someone else's actions to effect my health under any circumstances. I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO REPEAT THIS TREATMENT! From what I understand, if you have to go through more than one series, the side effects are magnified tremendously.

No worries for the time being, at least I can vent through this blog, and document events on a daily basis.

What really sux...the fucking DISCOUNT ZONE ran out of my Cherry Garcia Bars....FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK SHIT GODDAMMIT!!!!